"The truth will set you free but first it will piss you off." - Gloria Steinem
THE NEW YORKER : GLORIA STEINEM GAVE IT ALL by Emma Watson
Excerpts:
I have always felt a strange protectiveness toward Gloria, which is absurd when you consider that Gloria Steinem has spent her life protecting the rest of us. She is one of the greatest heroines of the twentieth century.
...
As the eclipse passes, I think about how quiet I have been for quite some time now, and I realize that something about that has to change, because if Gloria is leaving us, then some of us are going to have to get louder. It feels less like a decision than like a law of physics: I think of gravity, of black holes, of the way one body continues to exert a force on another across apparently empty space. I feel Gloria’s gravity still, pulling me toward the horizon and toward a world she could already envision.
She did not get to see it.
