9/21/26

THE SEEKERS BY JOHN DENSMORE : CHRISTINE TRZYNA BOOK REVIEW

 

Yes, in case you're wondering, I was once in the same very small room as John Densmore, who was making an appearance for no pay. I can't remember what year it was and I didn't exactly meet him. If I said two words to him, I would tell you. 

Lately I'm on a Doors reading jag and this is one of the books I've read by a musician who was in the Doors or someone considered to be a person accomplished when it comes to writing music bios. I'm so impressed with this book because Densmore weaves personal experience and some of his history and Doors history with profiling some of the musicians who have impressed him. George Harrison; Densmore was in the room with him.  Ravi Shankar - ditto. Patti Smith - the same. It's a short but sweet read but impactful just the same.

Densmore also writes about the creative process and spirituality, how that influenced him or was a factor in developing his art and a philosophy of life.  That I think would be of interest to any creator.

Now I'm not sure if I will review the other books that crisscross the story of the Doors or not. I will say that so far these books are so much more worth the time reading than some of the other music memoirs I've reviewed here which I've criticized because the writer(s) seemed to have no  introspection.


C 2026 Christine Trzyna All Rights Reserved